Urban Decay Naked Heat ~ Worth the splurge? Swatches + review


I remember when Urban Decay released first photos of new Naked palette. And I remember reading many unhappy comments. That palette like this was done already, another warmed tone palette and what is UD thinking of coming up with a palette that no one will buy? Coz let's be honest how many warmed tone palette do we need? 

 when I saw the shadows in the palette I was on the fence. They were not my cup of tea. So I said to myself : passed. But, later on when I went to Sephora and saw it on the display, guess what ? I bought it!



 I could not help myself.  It spoke to me on so many levels. How could I say no to all these gorgeous terracotta shadows housed and very pretty packaging. I like warm shades so I could not passed on it. there is a mix of mattes and shimmers in the palette. All shades are nicely pigmented.  Except of En Fuego and Ashes I found these two were lacking of the pigment. They both can be build up tho. Scorched and Ember are my two favorites. I get nuts when it comes to shimmers :) 
I kinda wish for a bit more darker shades in the palette, like maybe darker chocolaty brown? Coz I feel like when applying shadows on the lid they all mash up together. Like I we need a little darker for more definition. 



Shades in the palette:
* Ounce ~ soft cream with slight shimmer
* Chaser ~ Light beige brown. 
* Sauced ~ matte tan,
* Low Blow ~ light brown matte.
* Lumbre ~ burnt peach with gold shimmer, so freaking pretty
* He Devil ~ medium reddish brown. 
* Dirty Talk ~ medium -dark coppery brown 
*Scorched ~ oh my favorite , bronzy red metallic 
* Cayenne ~ dark brown with warm undertones. 
* En Fuego ~ reddish brown. really pretty but my is not pigmented enough.
* Ashes ~ purple plum with brown undertones, same as En Fuego not pigmented enough. 
* Ember ~ dark bronzy brown metallic. 





Personally I am really happy with the palette. the shimmery - metallic shades look better applied with wet brush or even a finger. Palette is prefect for either day and night looks. Was it worth the splurge? for me most definitely. I am a UD fan and their palette are amazing.  And as a makeup collector I need Heat palette with her sisters. I can tell I will be using it more toward Fall. Summer I like my makeup light and colorful. This palette scream Fall to me than Summer. 



If you are a warm tones shadow lover or over all love UD palettes, get Heat palette. It is all up to you. If you think you will get a lot use out of it then what is topping you? 

you can get it from Sephora, Ulta Beauty , UD webiste.
Price $54 

1 comment

  1. Jestem zachwycona! Nie tylko paletkami, ale tymi przepieknymi zdjęciami. Niesamowite!

    ReplyDelete