Dream Street and The Zodiac Palettes - KathleenLights x Colourpop Collab ~ Review + Swatches



I always get excited when Colourpop launches a new eyeshadow  palette. They are such a great quality! I made a goal to collect them all. As of now the only ones that I still have to purchase : Fame, Fortune, Give It To Me Straight and Pretty Much. 


My recent haul included Sol Y Mar palettes, that I reviews and swatched here. Also I grabbed Makeup Ur Mind and Preception palette in collaboration with Shayla. 


Today I will swatch and talk about KathleenLight palettes: Dream Street and new The Zodiac palette. 


I will start with The Zodiac palette, because it is the newest. I love Zodiac theme and anything that is Zodiac, spiritual, Galaxy, Star, Moon, Sun, Dreams etc related. Hhahah I know so much! When I was little I would read a lot of horoscopes. It was kinda a thing and like every magazine had a horoscope in so why not. Another thing I loved to do was to look at the night sky.  I still do. But there is something magical just looking at the stars and moon, finding constellations, and trying to spot shooting stars. It is easy to do so when you live in open space like farm. I live in the city now and its hard to see anything :( Another thing I loved to do, is to translate dreams. I try to remember the most important details from my dream and I would go online and try to figure out what it means.  Good old days if you ask me. But now let's get back to the palette shall we?


The palettes outer packaging is stunning. The box is black with golden-coppery Zodiac designs and palette itself is like this gorgeous Cobalt Blue shade with the same designs. It have a mirror which is a plus. I personally think that all Colourpop palettes should have mirrors. Regular palette cost $16, this one was $18.. so $2 for a mirror? Why not right! I really don't mind paying extra.


Now back to the palette. Inside we have 12 shades as there is 12 Zodiac signs. I think the shades are stunning and my sign The Pisces have the most beautiful shimmery teal shade! I am in love with it. Like I said shade variety is good, we have mixture of mattes, satins and shimmers. I love that the names are printed on the actual palette, like under every shade. I feel like some of the shades don't really match the names. I know if anyone of us got a chances of working on a palette like this would choose different shades. But over all I do like the shades that are in this palette, aside from the names.


* The Aries ~ gorgeous metallic warm orange and gold shimmer (my dad's sign).
* The Taurus ~ light matte brown (this is my daughter sign)
* The Gemini ~ light gold with metallic sheen (my husband sign)
* The Cancer ~ light peachy-pink with metallic sheen.
* The Leo ~ light orange with gold shimmer that gives beautiful sheen
* The Virgo ~ medium dark taupe brown matte finish (my brothers sign)


* The Libra ~ medium pink with satin finish (my mom's sign)
* The Scorpio ~ metallic plum, one of  my favorites in this palette
* The Sagittarius ~ deep berry purple matte shade
* The Capricorn ~ matte black with gold flex of glitter, love the way it looks in the pan
* The Aquarius ~ matte cobalt blue ( pretty color but hard to work with )
* The Pisces ~ sparkly aqua teal shade and yes my favorite in the palette.

The second palette i will talk will be Dream Street.


I know it took me forever getting this palettes. I wanted it since it came out , but there was always something else and I never got around ordering it. Until now. I grabbed the $32 two palette bundle and could not be happier!


Dream Street palette is dreamy! I don't know you guys I am so impressed with Colourpop palettes. This collaboration was before The Zodiac palette as all of you know.
I adore the the packaging on this palette. It is really subtle and dreamy! I dunno that moon get me every time :) the mixture of cream and metallic rose gold is beautiful. Then we have a moon and stars :) I love that the names are printed under each shade! Makes life so much easier!


The inside is so beautiful as well. And then we have shades. I like all the shades. Again there is a mixture of mattes, metallic and satin. To be honest I like the color selection in this palette more then in The Zodiac. I will be playing with both this coming week so both will stay up on my vanity for now. I so can't wait.


* Shooting Star ~ light medium brown, matte finish. Great transition shade.
* Magical ~ light peachy-orangy shade also matte finish.
* Star Dust ~ coppery metallic. Gorgeous shade
* Twinkle ~ rose gold with metallic sheen
* Sweet Dreams ~  champagne with golden shimmer
*  Water Bearer ~ matte deep blue teal


* Potion ~ deep red based orange (terracotta) with matte finish
* Spark ~ reddish nice and bright and vibrant
* Kaleidoscope ~ silvery metallic shade. Best used wet
* Elfish ~ deep dark chocolaty brown, matte finish
* Moony ~ light pinky shade, great for highlight, it has a pearly sheen
* Mermaid Boy ~ teal with brown undertone. Duochrome



Overall I like both palettes. But there are few similarities between few shades tho. I was swatching side by side some of the them and I will put the post shorty after this one. Not all are 100% same but they are very closely matched. I will definetly find myself using more of a Dream Street palette, coz I just love rose gold, coppery shimmers. But also The Zodiac have great colors that I can't not wait to play with.

Which palette did you liked more? Are Dream St team or The Zodiac team ? I will be ordering the remaining products from the Zodiac collection and I will be posting it as soonest I get it.
Let me know :)


7 comments

  1. Obie palety robią wrażenie ale ja jestem fanką brązów i beżów, więc wybrałbym Dream Street :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pierwszy raz widzę paletkę The Zodiac ale ślicznie wygląda! :) obie paletki bardzo ładnie wyglądają :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Swatche wyglÄ…dajÄ… super☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obie mi się bardzo podobają, ale chyba więcej kolorów używałabym u siebie z paletki Dreamy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Obie wyglÄ…dajÄ… kuszÄ…co ale chyba Dream St bardziej mi siÄ™ podoba <3 :*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Obie paletki bardzo mi się podobają, ale kolorami Dream chyba bardziej bym się cieszyła :)

    ReplyDelete