Colourpop Cosmetics SOL Y MAR eye shadow palettes ~ swatches



Yay! finally my Colourpop order arrived! I ordered new palettes Sol and Mar, as well as Preception palette and as a gratis I got the new 6 pan palette called Makeup Ur Mind, such a cutie!


Anyways I just wanted to a dedicated post on the new 9 pan palettes: Sol and Mar. 
OMG they are even more stunning in person! The colors in both palettes are so beautiful and so pigmented! I am not joking, Colourpop Cosmetics makes such an amazing eye shadows! 


The outside boxes are so pretty! Sol is orange and Mar is blue, just like a ocean. 
Once the palettes are out of the outer packaging, both are square white compact with metallic writings.  Sol have orange metallic writings and sun look alike designs. Mar have blue/teal metallic writings and have like a water waves design. Which makes coz Sol is means sun in Spanish and Mar means Ocean :) So both palettes are inspired by Sun and Ocean and I am so in love with it! ANd the best part? Both palettes have mirror! Woohoo!


Sol Palette ~ beautiful warm toned oranges, corals, browns all in one :) I bet those colors won't look flattering on me but omg for $12 I could not get it. This palette also reminds me of new HUDA Beauty obsession palette, the Coral one :) I don't know the quality of Huda mini palettes but this Colourpop for $12 you can't beat!


Shades:
* New Digs ~ soft peach 
* Anthem ~ metallic rose gold
* Dynamite ~ dusty orange
* Hotel ~ orang-y copper, metallic


* Motel ~ gorgeous metallic coral (one of my fave)
* B & B ~ soft gold with pinky base
* Floaties ~ metallic bright vibrant orange
* OOO ~ neon orange
* Unwind ~ soft brown 




Now the second palette :) This one was just calling my name :) and its a stunner in real life


Mar Palette ~  this one contains pretty blues, teals, browns, golds. I am living for the blues tho! I feel like my skin  can pull off this one more. I can't wait to try this palette especially.


Shades:
* EL Ray ~ peachy orange
* Wild One ~ metallic copper
* Detour ~ Ultra blue 
* Boozy ~ bright burnt tangerine orange


* Gridlock ~ bright blue with a green base So gorgeous
* Sorbet ~  peachy beige
* HWY ~ Sea foam green 
* Top Down ~ chocolate brown
* My Way ~ metallic brozne 



What do you guys think? I am in love with both palettes :) Beautiful color selection and reminds me of tropical vacation that i wish I could go one day :)

Annnnd I must say the shades blends so nice and the eye makeup lasted all day without creasing on my eyes. FYI I used Milani eye primer :)

Each palette retails for $12 and you can get them both in a bundle for $24 :)

7 comments