9/11 Memorial ~ NYC




three weeks ago  I had a dr. appt. in CHinatown  and since I finished early I decided to take my daughter to 9/11 Memorial.
To be honest this is my third time visiting that place. The first was when I came to USA in 2007. Back then there was a still a huge hole in the ground where the twin towers stood.   I remember taking some pictures but I don't think I have them anymore. The second time was when I was pregnant -2009. I was showing my friend around and he wanted to go there. There still was no change since 2007.
Now, few years later we have beautiful memorial for the victims of this awful terrorist attack.
9/11 Memorial is located at World Trade Center site, former location of Twin Towers that were destroyed in September 11th attack.
There are two square  pools  in the center of where the twin towers stood. They are surrounded by the tree forest.  The names of 2,983 victims were inscribed on 76 bronze plates attached to parapets of the walls of  each pool.
One World Trade Center, also known as a Freedom Tower is the main building of rebuild World Trade Center complex in lower Manhattan. It is the tallest building in NYC and  sixth tallest building in the world.

Here is few pictures form the visit. It was really cloudy that day unfortunately . I will try to go there again when its more sunny :) I also took few short videos . If you want to see them check my page on FB (click here) .

view form Chinatown


Oculus  ~  NYC , PATH station. Located between 2 WTC and 3 WTC



Pools with the victims names


One World trade center

9/11 memorial museum


20 comments

  1. wow te wieżowce robią wrażenie;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tak z ciekawości zapytam - daleko od tego miejsca mieszkasz? :) Taka myśl mi się pojawiła, gdy przeczytałam, że byłaś tam trzeci raz ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja mieszkam na Brookline . I pracuje na midtown dwie ulice od Rockefeller center. A ze to jest na lower Manhattan jakos tam nigdy nie dojezdzam 😕

      Delete
    2. Dzięki za odpowiedź :) Teoretycznie nie tak całkiem daleko, ale też często na co dzień jest mi gdzieś nie po drodze ;)

      Delete
  3. Świetne zdjęcia! Z chęcią odwiedziłabym nie jedno z tych miejsc, które prezentujesz na blogu ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear thank you to show me that I don't know this memorial I'm so afraid for all of this .. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear thank you to show me that I don't know this memorial I'm so afraid for all of this .. ❤

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zazdroszczę takich widoków z tego wierzowca <3
    Może wzajemna obserwacja?

    Zapraszam http://ispossiblee.blogspot.com Odpowiadam na każdą obserwacje :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Świetny i nietypowy pomysł na upamiętnienie ofiar, podoba mi się nowoczesna stylistka w której pomnik został wykonany. Piękne zdjęcia *-*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow zazdroszczÄ™ mieszkania w Stanach ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Miejsce do którego tak wiele ludzi pragnie wyjechać :) Jak najwięcej takich postów :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Robią wrażenie... chciałabym kiedyś pojechać do Ameryki ... w sumie zwiedzić północna i południowa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Chciałabym kiedyś odwiedzić te miejsce ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Zdjęcia robią wrażenie :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Memorial robi wrażenie, szkoda, ze z nim związana jest tak smutna historia :(

    ReplyDelete