New Physician's Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 ~ My Thoughts



Hi Babes!

Hope your year started fabulous! My so so. I had migraines for 3 days in a row... Sucks I know, what can I do. .. :(


But anyways I am here to share with you my quick thoughts on new PF The Healthy Foundation SPF 20. Thats a mouth full don't you think ? hahaha .
On New Year's Day I went out to CVS coz a day before I got 40%off coupon and decided to use it. Bought foundation and press powder fit me for a friend and for myself fit my foundation, total temptation palette and mascara. On a way home I stopped by Rite Aid to see if there is any good makeup sales and I was welcomed with new Physician's Formula display :) Yup new foundations and illuminating primer hit my Rite Aid. And the best thing was it was buy one get 2nd free! so  I decided to pick up the foundation :) I grabbed two shades and on top of the discount I got $6 off! which made me pay less then $11 for both! total score if you ask me :)



I ran home and opened it up. I had to try it even tho it was around 4pm already, but oh well. 
First off, foundation comes in very heavy duty glass bottle. I like that I feels more expensive then it actually is. Second there is a nice shade range for the foundation. My store got around 8 on the display but I think on PF website is way more. I am super happy that PF introduce to us more shades, and not their topically Fair, Medium, Dark range. No one does 3 colors anymore. I like to see that they stepped up their game :)


What surprised me was the applicator. It like the one you get in a concealer :) I don't think I own a foundation that have this type of applicator. I do prefer pump in my foundation, but I learned how to work with this type as well :) 


Now the foundation is long wearing and build-able. Blends easily. When I use a brush to blend it in I get more of a medium  coverage, but with damped sponge gives light to medium and more natural looking. I do prefer sponge. I really like how healthy and natural it looked.  I really did like how it wore too. I did get oily throughout the day but that's normal hahah . God sometimes I hate my skin.   On my oily skin lasted 8h. Which is good.  I used it on top of Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer. I bought my in shades LC1 and LN4. Combined they are really nice match to my skin.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

 It contains all skin friendly ingredients. One of them is Hyaluronic Acid, which supposed to improve skin tone appearance. Vitamin A, C and E help hydrate and nourish, while SPF 20 helps again sun rays. 

(slightly blended)

Overall I really enjoyed it. Worth trying out, since PF claims it is for all skin types :) 
I think it is one of the best foundation at drugstore. Now I need to hunt down all other new launches by the brand and there is few of it hahaha :)


9 comments

  1. I`m so sad you can`t buy Physicians Formula in the UK. I have heard so many amazing things about their products, especially their bronzers and blushers.

    Beauty Nerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous review, your photos are so beautiful! I've never heard of these before but they sound so good, I love the applicator as it means I can reach the tricky spaces around my eye area like concealer :D I hope your migraines feel better soon, following on GFC! xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara
    (I would love to follow each other on bloglovin if you like! :D)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kubek <3
    Odpowiedziałam na Twój komentarz u mnie na blogu - zapraszam <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Współczuję migreny, też ją często miewam :( Podkłady pięknie wyglądają, ciekawe aplikatory :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nie miałam tych produktów :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nie znam tych produktów, ale podkłady wyglądają obiecująco!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nie miałam nigdy produktów tej marki, choć kiedyś myślałam nad bronzerem ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creating an appropriate diet is also an integral part of this entire process. Specialty foods are available that help promote joint health that are rich in glucosamine and effective weight control ingredients. Most of these foods are clearly labeled with active ingredients and are helpful in creating long term alleviation. endocrinologist reviews



    ReplyDelete