NYX Cosmetics Prismatic Eyeshadows ~ my small collection, swatches and review




NYX Prismatic shadows been on the market for a while now. I remember seeing YT videos when they first came out with them. I wanted them but at the end I couldn't find them locally only online. So yeah I passed, but I craved. This year on IMATS NYX booth I bought my first two: Fireball and Rose Dust. Guys! Love at first swatch! Pigmented and freaking gorgeous! I said to myself that I will be getting more of them soon! I couldn't buy more, coz I have a limited $$$ and I still wanted to buy other products.  That was back in April. It was not until recently I was browsing NYX website. I was actually looking for the new palettes and some of the old ones that I saw on their IG page. GOD their palettes are freaking gorgeous! I so want them all :) So while I was scrolling up and down I saw few of Prismatic Shadows being on SALE! It was not crazy sale, like IMATS but still for $4.00 I grabbed few :)  So I got my bank card ready, check out and wait for them to come :)The shipping was fast! Impressed! the shadows arrived in cute black laced bag with a liquid highlighter as a gift with purchase :) Nice!  I guess I missed that part "gift with purchase" coz i was shock lol I said to myself that I didn't order this LOL. 
anyways all shadows came, none broken Thank God. 
I must say that they are even more prettier in person! 



So here is my haul :)
Prismatic Shadows are fully pigmented with almost metallic finish. The texture is creamy and buttery soft. There is 24 shades in total. and since the formula is so great it is really easy to work with them. Some I like to apply with a finger, just to get that full pigment on my lids. Also a wet brush applied them nicely. 

Glass Slipper ~  minty duo chrome with gold pearl. Its really pretty. I didn't know it was minty color tho. I didn't read the description when I placed an order. I thought it would be white duo chrome or something LOL the name glass slipper reminds me of white and very light blue.. oh well. But over all this shade is stunning and I am happy with it.

Mermaid ~ this shade have been on my wishlist ever since it came out. gorgeous metallic aqua . On the NYX website they describe is as a Mint with gold shimmer. Minty sea green. Shimmers like a mermaid tail. I am not gonna lie, this is by far the most beautiful shade I own. Great for inner corner and even on a lower lash line:) I need to play more with it tho. 

Sunset Daze ~ rusty cooper with shimmer.  I do love coppery shades. This one is so pretty and applies nicely. Like a I said for full on pigment apply with a finger directly on the lid. You be wow-ed!

Bedroom Eyes ~ warm deep brown with warm undertones. Bronzy brown and oh so pretty! and it have a more of a frost sheen then metallic. So pretty for like all over the lid smokey eyes kinda look.  This one feels a bit crumbly. So there might be a fallout. 



Jaded ~  deep forest green with light green shimmer. To be honest I was not sure if I wanted this shade in  my collection. After singing all day Aerosmith song "Jaded" i added to my cart. and guys I like it! I don't love it like I love Fireball or Mermaid but I like it! It is a gorgeous deep green with shimmer that looks really nice! I have many deep greens like this in my collection, but I don't have one with a shimmer. 

Fireball ~ this one of my top faves! this shade is stunning and it was the first that I bought! Its described as a rusty orange with red opalescent. its a reddish copper with frost sheen. It is intense especially when you use your finger to apply. I can't get enough of it tho!  

Voodoo ~ this one is a duo chromed cherry brown with green pearl. I say it looks better on picture online then in a swatch. I dunno I am not really liking this shade, maybe coz of that green pearl? I don't know. The brown base i think it is pretty, just that slightly green sheen on top is kinda not my style. . I will have to play a bit more with it tho.  

Rose Dust ~my second shade that I bought back at IMATS.  Just as a name suggest it is a deep rose gold shade. And wow it does look so pretty. again I like to apply  with a finger and then blend with a brush :)

so that is it . which shade is your favorite? Do you own any? 

~ Monica 

13 comments

  1. Wow! Those are some beautiful colors! Thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look beautiful! My favourite would have to be sunset daze - it's perfect for this time of year. I don't own any eyeshadow from NYX. I'll have to look at their range!

    Steph - www.nourishmeblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. UWielbiam jedynki tej marki, są mocno napigmentowane i przyjemnie się blendują!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Podobają mi sie chociaż nie nam osobiście

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piękne kolorki, ja z tej serii mam tylko dwa cienie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Piekne kolory. Lubię takie ciepłe ☺

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, pigmentacja zachwyca! Widzę, że muszę koniecznie zajrzeć do sklepów NYX!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To samo mam na myśli patrząc na zdjęcia :) Super pigmentacja :) I kolory takie inne, bardzo ładne. Zwłaszcza Jaded mi wpadł w oko

      Delete
  8. I don't own any of those colors but I do have some NYX palettes that I absolutely love! I love the colors that you picked out they are so pretty!

    xox Tracy http://www.findyourdazzle.com/

    ReplyDelete