NEW NARS Solstice Collection ~ Is it worth buying? Swatches and Review

  *Purchased by me*



Who am I? Like seriously!? I was never the one to jump on the NARS wagon and order a new launch as soon as it drops... NEVER! NARS is one of the brands that do have exciting launches but I mostly wait till they are on sale before I spend my hard working paycheck.





I really have no idea why I just  fell instantly in love with the new collection. I really have no idea what sold me. LOL I think the overall look of both palettes was so beautiful and something that I needed to have asap. Spoiler alert: they don't disappoint! 





Summer Solstice Eyeshadow Palette - LE- it's a perfect warm and rich summer palette. There is a mixture of shimmers and metallics, alongside two matte shades. The color story is very me and I think the golden,  brozy, reddish looks are so summery. The shadows itself feel and work amazing. They are pigmented, you get full opacity with one stroke of a brush or like in my case finger. I will always say and stand by that shimmers and metallics formulas best performed when applied with fingers. Apparently the vivid warm shades are formulated with the brand's Pigment Power Suspension, which delivers ineradicable color payoff thanks to pigments suspended in an innovative liquid bidding system. Like I said, they are really a pleasure to work with. Also they can be sheared out for a perfect wash of color on the lids. I personally am really impressed with this palette and I hope to see this formula more.


I almost forgot to mention the packaging on this palette. I am amazed at how stunning it is! The textured sun rays?! Hello Summer!





Swatches below: Stunning right?



Next is the beautiful but a bit over priced bronzer and highlighter duo




Summer Solstice Cheek Duo - LE - When you get a cheek duo that is the same price as the palette it has to be good. This duo is made up with highlighters called Ibiza and bronzer Laguna.  These two are NARS best selling bronzer and highlight. I knew of Laguna being super popular but not about Ibiza. When getting, please note that the bronzer has an over-spray that will be gone once you dip your brush in. Now how do I like it? Well I love them. Especially when both are mixed together, they give such a wonderful summer ready sun-kissed glow on my light skin. Both are so pretty on their own as well but I like to just go in and swirl my brush between both. Also I notice a very nice almost tropical scent, which I'm not mad about. I think it suits the duo a lot! The packaging on the cheek duo is the same as on the palette, it has the same sun rays texture design but instead of being gold like the eyeshadow palette, this one is copper. 


Swatches:




Final thoughts: I LOVE IT. I have never been head over heels about NARS but this collection just opened my eyes and I can't wait for new launches :) 

Have you guys picked it up? What do you think about this summer must-have? 




22 comments

  1. Piękna jest ta paleta cieni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE those beautiful colours, just beautiful. Have a great week, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a few NARS cosmetics and I like them very much, although in Poland we have a smaller selection of shades and sometimes I have to ask my friends traveling to the USA for help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cudne kolory, nie pogardziłabym :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful makeup compact. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Co za piękności :) Jestem oczarowana ich cudnymi kolorami :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Przepiękne są te cienie 😍
    Nie miałam nic z marki NARS
    Pozdrawiam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I gotta say this collection is amazing! Love the packaging and the shades. Thank you for the discovery!

    Julia x
    Last Post | Stop Multitasking: How To Do One Thing At A Time + Maximise Productivity!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Piękna paleta, podobają mi się błyski ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. These shades are amazing and so pigmented. I like them so much. Thank you for review.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This collection look amazing. Shades are so pigmented and beautiful. I need to check them.

    www.exclusivebeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, cienie są nieźle napigmentowane :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never tried NARS before but I would definitely be open to it. The swatches would be interesting, and I think I like their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg! They both look so good! :)

    Petra z FRENCHSTYLE | Sleduj ma aj na Instagrame

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nie miałam jeszcze nic od NARS ale chodzi za mną :) paletka z cieniami ma piękne kolory :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Bardzo ciekawe i kolorowe zdjęcia widać że potrafisz uchwycić piękne chwile, wydaje się to łatwe ale nie każdemu wychodzą takie ujęcia, widać że blogowanie to twoja pasja.

    ReplyDelete