Jeffree Start Blood Lust Palette - first impression + swatches

*purchased by me*



Jeffree had done it again. New palette joined my small family last week and as soonest I got it I put it to the test. 
This post is more of a first impression then a review. I have not yet played with all the colors and roughly I used this palette three times. So no I will not say this is a review. 


This whole Blood Lust collection launched on February 21st. As you can see I only gotten a palette, even tho some glosses were calling my name.... I kinda wanted the super intense and super pricey highlighter, but since I was placing order on Beautylish I only added Blood Lust to my cart along with withe JS mirror and small Conspiracy palette. I am waiting for restock... I really want few pieces for Shane x Jeffree collection. 



But this post is about Blood Lust so lets talk Blood Lust. 
Hmmm but where do you want me to start? 
Palette is hexagon shaped and comes in similar box. The outside of a palette is what stands out the most. I am talking about the velvet lining all over it and shiny crown embossed on the lid as well.. It seriously reminds me of a royalty. The palette is huge and really thick. I know for sure I will have a problem storing it coz of that and the unique shape. But its worth it, it really is. I will find a good place for it. 


The inside of the palette is stunning. The color scheme is beautiful. Its on a pastel side which I don't mind. The colors I used so far worked really good. 

Here are the swatches:

  • * Your Majesty: Ivory bone with a matte finish
  • * Take the Crown: Icy lavender with a metallic finish
  • * Deviant: Light lavender with a matte finish
  • * Beauty Sleep: Pink with gold reflects and a duochrome finish
  • * Wet Jewel: Light pink with a wet metallic finish
  • * Royal Pain: Red mauve with a matte finish
  • * Dungeon: Dark plum with a matte finish
  • * Scandal Water: Light violet with a matte finish
  • * Sworn Enemy: Gold with green reflects and a duochrome finish

  • * Pink Magic: Hot pink with a wet metallic finish
  • * Bleeding Heart: Fire red with a metallic finish
  • * Executioner: Black with purple-pink reflects and a duochrome finish
  • * High King: Berry purple with a matte finish
  • * Vivid Mood: Bright lavender with a matte finish
  • * Monarchy: Muted brown with a matte finish
  • * Blood Queen: Vibrant eggplant with a matte finish
  • * Vile Serpent: Teal with a matte finish
  • * Betrayal: Purple with gold reflects and a duochrome finish

So as you can tell the first half is more lighter and the second much darker. I like that there are lighter shades as I might love dark but sometimes they tend to be too intimidating. 
The shades that I tried so far I really liked. I manage to do five different looks and on some I use only 3 shades. Sorry I didn't take any pics :( but I tell you that look #2 and #3 were my fave. 



For first look I used Royal Pain in the crease, Beauty Sleep on the lid and Blood Queen in outer corner.  Lower lash line I lined with Vivid Moon mixed with Take the Crown. This look was soft and I like to call it angelic. All the shades preformed really well. Beauty Sleep I applied with a finger and blend edges with a brush.  

Second look I went a bit darker. I used once again Royal Pain the crease, on the lid Betrayal (WOW!), outer corner Dungeon. On lower lash line Dungeon again with a bit of Take the Crown. I will say that I was surprised with Betrayal, what a gorgeous shade! and it applied so good with a brush! I really like how this look turned out. My co-worker liked it but she said it was more "night time " appropriate. At first I paired it with Nearly Nude JS Velour Liquid Lipstick but later I changed as I didn't like it much coz it was way too warm and not a good match. I actually pulled out Vitamin Beet by Physicians Formula and all came together really nice. 



My third look was all green and here I used seriously 3 colors. Monarchy in the crease, Sworn Enemy all over the lid and Vile Serpent in the outer corner as well as on the lower lash line mixed with Sworn Enemy. I tell you as much as I love this look, the shade Sworn Enemy was missing this wow factor that it have when you look at it in the pan. I used my finger to apply it. It was ok but I wanted more from it. I wanted to be more metallic. No idea maybe I will wet my finger next time and see if it helps. But men this look was beautiful ! I paired it with androgyny by JS. Seriously My favorite lipstick ever... I am scrapping it from the tube walls coz its almost empty! and this is my 2nd tube! and the sad part is that is out of stock! I seriously wanna cry! 

Look number 4- this time I used Royal Pain (can you tell I love this shade?) in the crease and all over the lid, in the outer corner and lower lash I put High King and top it all with Wet Jewel on the lid. Pretty and Sparkly :) 

My final look included Pink Magic  all over the lid, and as you guessed Royal Pain in the crease and Dungeon in outer corner. Lower lash Blood Queen mixed with Betrayal. 

The only shades that I really want to use are Bleeding Heart and Executioner , but I dunno not sure yet how to pair these two. I will try to play more over the weekend and see with what can I come up with. 

Over all I really like this palette because I like the purple tones. All the shades that I tried preformed really good! The quality is there you guys. Actually quality was always there. I own all of the JS palettes (except Alien and Conspiracy - please come back to stock?!?) and I never once had an issue with his palettes. But hear me ... If you are not so confident with the colorful shadows no worries Jeffree announced that there will be a NUDE palette launching soon and guys with his amazing formula he will knock all the other palettes out! Cant freaking wait! 
Also I wanted to mention that I used Royal Pain as blush and both light shimmers Take the Crown and Beauty Sleep as a highlighters! all three looked so good! You probably think I'm crazy hahah ! no I'm not.. you can use his liquid lipsticks as eye liners so why not use shadows are a highlighter or blush? 

Btw stay tuned for my next review. I ordered Mini Conspiracy palette and I will be reviewing it soon. 

Let me know what did you think of Blood Lust. Would you pick her up? or did you do it already?
Let me know your thoughts.  



31 comments

  1. The shades in this palette are so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are some fun gorgeous colors x

    --- Marina W
    http://www.waitmarinawho.com/2020/03/castaway-in-sabah-malaysia.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jakie piękne kolory :) Błyszczące róże i fiolety to coś dla mnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, ile cieni. Istne szaleństwo ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cudowne kolory, śliczna paletka :) Ostatnio unikam fioletów, ale na młodej skórze muszą pięknie wyglądać :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twoje palety cieni sÄ… niesamowite :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Akurat kolorystyka tej palety zupełnie nie moja. Ale śliczne są te gwiezdne tłoczenia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great palettes.They look so colorful.Some of the pinks and golden shades are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bardzo ładne kolorki ,choć nie w moim stylu 🙂
    Pozdrawiam
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  10. That palette is beautiful! I love the colors! And they are so rich!

    ReplyDelete
  11. kolorystyka odważna, niezbyt w moim klimatach codziennego makijażu:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i like these color!

    great post!thank you for your share!
    prom hairstyles for long hair

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kolory sa piękne choć ja sama boje sie malować fioletami :p

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ta paleta jest przepiękna! Kolory bardzo mi się podobają.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These palettes are so cool! I love the packaging and amazing colors.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have most of his palettes and the new one is gorgeous edition x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow what a lovely shades!!
    xoxo

    marisasclosetblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Za równo kolory cieni jak i same opakowania paletek mi się podobają, ale niestety nie mam hajsu na taki wydatek :( Pozdrawiam i zapraszam na nowy post :) jusinx.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! Kolory w tych paletach sÄ… nieziemskie!
    Buziaki :*

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really love purple shades so I think this palette looks really pretty xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes I must say he is really killing it with his palettes. It is amazing how successful he has become. And yes I do like all the lavender purple tones. I bet you could do a great look with this.

    Allie of
    www.allienyc.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. This palette looks like a stunner!

    -Ashley
    Le Stylo Rouge

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow these are gorgeous colours :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Masz imponujÄ…cÄ… kolekcjÄ™:D Kurcze coraz bardziej siÄ™ zastanawiam nad jej zakupem hehe:**

    ReplyDelete