Elf's Bite Size Eye Shadow Palettes - Take it or Leave it?

*Purchased by me*


Can $3 eye shadow palette be any good?
Read this post and find out :)


I believe it was at the beginning of this year that ELF launched new tiny size eye shadow palettes.
Small palettes that come in 8 variation and contain 4 shades in each palette. Size wise perfect for travel and on the go beauty :) Its been a years since i tired ELF's eye shadows, and the ones I did were so bad! I know a lot of people loves the bigger palettes, the ones that cost $14. Even the $10 ones. I seriously suck coz ELF is one of the brands that I tent to skip over.. At my CVS they always have sales and good coupons but me , ugh I don't know ... I want a lot form the brand but always I go for different brand and different products. I just wait for some good promotion on ELF's website and will place order soon.

The bite size palettes when launched they sold out in minutes... I was hard for me to get a hold of it. But then one day I was browsing Ulta and I found them. Not all were in stock at that time but what ever was I added to my cart and waited for the rest. I think it took me 2-3 days and check them out. I was so excited! I knew I will blog about them regardless if they are good or bad. When I got the packages I was shocked to see that not all survived the trip to my home. Ulta didn't care much and just throw them in the box ... 5 out of 8 were broken and spilled all over the box. I called them right away and they were kind enough to re-ship the broken ones. Hence why this post is up soooo late.



Let me show you close ups of the palettes and later I will tell you my opinion if you didn't not guess already ...



* Cream and Sugar - nude toned palette that contains soft peach beige, gold champagne shimmer, bronze copper shimmer and deep brown. The first shade peachy beige is super light and it don't show well on my skin. I use it to buff out any harsh lines.


Shimmers are absolutely beautiful and beautifully pigmented.  I like this little quad for an easy every day and quick on the go look.



* Pumpkin Pie - warm toned nude palette that includes warm terra-cotta nude, orange copper shimmer, warm beige nude and bronze shimmer. This palette is so pretty and all colors come together nicely.

Unfortunately there is no dark shade that you could put in outer corner so I like to go to Cream and Sugar palette and use that dark brown or I go the palette below:)



* Truffles - a neutral tone palette. Contains beautiful shimmery silver, cool beige, dark brown and deep black.

Im not fan of black but love all other three shades. throw a silver all over the lid, lighter brown in the crease and darker brown in the outer corner and the look is done :)



* Carnival Candy - neutral with a pop of blue. includes soft cream, tan brown, deep red and jewel toned shimmery blue.


I'm not gonna lie I got this palette for the blue. And wow its beautiful.



* Rose Water - soft toned palette that includes soft rose shimmer, beige nude, deep rose shimmer and chocolate brown.


This palette is soft and really pretty! What I like to do it to pair this and Berry Bad palette together. I think they both compliments each other really well.



* Berry Bad - warm berry tones palette that includes pinky nude, rose copper shimmer, rich warm berry shimmer and deep red.


this palette works good with the softer one, as the colors kinda blend one into another.



* Hot Jalapeno- green and gold palette that includes yellow gold shimmer, green gold shimmer, olive green and black.


I love green and gold shades. I was never brave enough to wear green all over the lid but in the outer corner and lash line I like very much :)



* Acai You - blue, purple palette. Includes soft periwinkle, purple blue shimmer, deep purple blue and dark blue purple.


Its a pretty palette but the colors kinda get all muddy and kinda blend one into another. I like it but it is the not my favorite .

Overall I do feel these are worth it. I really like majority of it with exception of one or two.
They said these they are good for travel but I would be very careful with it. The shadows are really soft and they can be easily  broken. Some get a lot of kick up so be easy when you go with the brush. But for $3 I feel that they are worth the try.



43 comments

  1. I love the colours. I don't use eye shadow, but often buy them to use in art! Happy Easter, stay safe, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love that Carnival Candy Blue shade. Its so pretty


    Have a nice day
    Kinza Khushboo
    Blog
    Glamorous without the Guilt
    Bloglovin | Glamorous without the Guilt

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all beautiful shades, I love that last one, the blues are so pretty! It's a shame they broke some but so nice they could resend you the broken ones!

    Hope that you had a lovely Easter :)

    Away From Blue

    ReplyDelete
  4. TO bad they brak so easily! Good thing you got them replaced though ;-) they look like amazing colour capsule palettes and everything you need for a quick eyeshadow look!


    Love, Charline | charlinehasablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bardzo ciekawe palety, chętnie bym wypróbowała :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rose Water podoba mi się najbardziej. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shades. Happy new week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow these look really pigmented and well worth the price. Such a shame ULTA packed your order so poorly. I'm in disbelief over that lack of foresight. At least they rectified it for you.

    Sxx
    daringcoco.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely palettes! I love Elf and how inexpensive their products are.

    https://www.kathrineeldridge.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Większość kolorów naprawdę mi się podoba, szczególnie błyszczące odcienie wydają się bardzo kremowe. :) Gdybym miała wybierać, zrezygnowałabym z dwóch ostatnich paletek, a resztę i tak bym kupiła :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pumpkin Pie to mój faworyt absolutnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. They look so good!Colors are everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. They sound great considering the price tag, I'm not sure if we can get them here but I'll definitely look for them. Cream & Sugar looks like such a pretty neutrals palette x

    Sophie
    www.glowsteady.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Que cores lindas!
    Vou seguir o blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Uwielbiam różne odcienia złota, brązu i beżu jeśli chodzi o cienie do powiek. Pozdrawiam i zapraszam na nowy post :) jusinx.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Jakie pozytywne kolory <3 Jakbym je miała, ciekawe czy wróciłoby mi uzależnienie od makijażu :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's good that they reshipped you the ones that had broken! It's a horrible feeling to be looking forward to a delivery for it to arrive smashed. These palettes look super pretty, and for the money you really can't grumble. Great post xx

    Hannah | https://luxuryblush.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  18. The last two sets are the best, the green one is just gorgeous. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice selection of shades, I choose the blues!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ta pierwsza nude i Rose Water to coś dla mnie :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous palette hun.

    xoxo
    Lovely
    www.mynameislovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look so beautiful! I love the green one x

    Laura
    https://www.beautywithlala.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ale piękne kolorki 😍
    Szkoda że nie można ich dostać w jednej paletce 😉
    Pozdrawiam
    Lili

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such great colour combos, I especially love the one with greens and yellow, the colours you don't see so much but give a beautiful fresh feel <3

    LackaDaisy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Piękne warianty kolorystyczne. Wszelkie brązy to coś dla mnie :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Piękne kolory i podoba mi się ten niebieski :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. These would be great for traveling Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Śliczne odcienie.
    Ja lubuję się w brązach :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Good post. Love these great findings! Thanks for sharing!

    Nahid | https://bestclicknow.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. How on earth do they make these palettes so affordably? $3 is crazy for pigment this good! I want them all! xo

    Makeup Muddle

    ReplyDelete
  31. Już miałam w koszyku tą różową ale okazało, że aktualnie moja ulubiona drogeria gdzie jest Elf nie robi dostaw, trzeba odebrać osobiście na co jestem za bardzo leniwa hehe:D Czekam aż wirus ucichnie i do nie przyjdzie:D :**

    ReplyDelete